Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Relay Permission Slip

May 1, 2019
Your child has been selected to represent Forest Ridge Elementary by running in the Country Kids Relays, on June 1st.  The Country Kids Relays is a unique track meet comprised solely of relay races for students in 1st – 5th grade.  All races are a 4x100 meters relay.  There are three different teams for each age group: girls, boys, and coed. 

There are no “in school practices” practices for the relays.  Due to my schedule, I am unable to conduct practices at recess like in the past.  Anyone interested in coaching and would like to take over a team please let me know and I’ll do my best to help coordinate practices which can be held either before or after school, or even recess.  If you are interested in helping the day of the race or taking over a team, please indicate so down below. You must have a volunteer background check on file with the school before you can do so.

I will keep you updated on what to expect on June 1st as we get closer to race day and if you have any questions, please contact me at 503-399-5548.  You may also look at my blog for updates and news about the race day http://forestridgepe.blogspot.com/, or email me at hampton_jerad@salkeiz.k12.or.us.

Thank you,


Jerad Hampton
Physical Education Teacher
Forest Ridge Elementary


____________________Keep the top portion for reference__________________________

___Yes, I give my permission for ___________________________________________ to participate in the Country Kids Relays and all related practices.  I will not hold the supervisors, Forest Ridge Elementary School, or the Salem-Keizer Public School District 24J responsible for any injury that may occur.  I will provide transportation for my child to and from the event. 

___No, my son/daughter will not be able to attend the Country Kids Relays

Parent signature _______________________ Day of the Race Phone: _____________       Email __________________________      

___ I am interested in coaching a relay team this year. 

___ I can help on the day of the race only.

No comments: